· Treat staff, practitioners, visitors, and patients with dignity and respect.
· Interview patients to include medical history, measure vital signs, performs vision screening, etc. and record information in EHR.
· Share information gathered from patients with appropriate team members to assist in more comprehensive care of the patient.
· Assist practitioners in performing examinations as needed.
· Administer medications per practitioners orders.
· Administer injections or immunizations per practitioners orders.
· Sterilize medical equipment and maintain it in good working order.
· Collect specimens for laboratory and perform routine in-house laboratory work.
· Prepare specimens for outside laboratory studies.
· Perform simple wound care.
· Maintain adequate supplies in exam rooms and ensure exam rooms are clean.
· Follow clinic guidelines and protocols and participate in making new ones.
· Prepare and perform paperwork and clerical duties as necessary including answering phones, computer entry, etc.
· Perform routine diagnostic tests (EKG, etc.) and/or schedules patients for outside diagnostic studies and consultations.
· Participate in community health and disease prevention activities.
· Participate in the corporation's Quality Improvement Program.
· Participate in daily Team Huddles with staff members as required or requested.
· Participate in staff development programs and promote team cohesiveness.
· Manages personal and staff clinical inboxes.
· Participate in the daily huddle
· Ensure timely response to appointment messages and requests via the phone and portal
· Educate patients regarding PCMH and how the care team can help patients
· Participate as a member of a patient’s care team – within Team Work
· Ensure patients receive a copy of his/her visit summary
· Ensure patients leave with an appointment and face no barriers regarding transportation
· Ensure patients have an identified primary care provider
· Other duties as may be assigned.