ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but are not limited to, the following)
- Responsible for providing therapeutic services by interviewing families, individuals and groups.
- Assist in the assessment, planning, arranging, and implementing of psychosocial programs.
- Responsible for the content of education and counseling programs for both individual patients or groups of patients and serves as liaison to community, individuals and groups as appropriate.
- Counsel patients and interpret to professional and lay groups the special psychosocial needs of patients by identifying psychosocial disorders.
- Counsel patients during pregnancy.
- Building strong rapport with clients and making accurate assessments of their problems whether mental/emotional or physical.
- Review and evaluate recent psychosocial health research and interpret it to professionals and patients.
- Perform short term counseling and crisis intervention as necessary.
- Coordinate with clinical, health education, community health and other staff members in the provision of services to patients. Provide referrals for services needed.
- Coordinate with other organizational entities involved in psychosocial and mental health services.
- Use tests, measurements, and measurement scale for general and specific assessments as well as objective patient criteria in the provision of services and evaluation procedures.
- Provide in-service presentations to staff as needed or required.
- Conduct health related educational presentations to both adults and teens in school and clinical settings.
- Maintains weekly scheduled appointments in our electronic records systems.
- Completes required documentation and paperwork including biopsychosocial assessments and treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission of the agency.
- Keeping detailed and concise records of each patient during the course of their treatment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a Master's degree in Social Work AND 2-4 years of supervised clinical experience in the field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.